Below you'll find helpful details for our recital.
Rehearsal is Friday, November 16th
Recital is Saturday, November 17th
We have two shows 10:00am (check in time at 9:15am) or 11:30am (check in time at 10:45m). Dancers should arrive on time and check in at the table (there will be signs showing you where to check in) and then go to the waiting area with their chaperone. Included in the recital registration is one wristband for one adult per dancer (this is their ticket to the recital).
BOTH your time slot for your rehearsal as well as your arrival time for the recital are marked on the label on your child's costume bag!
The dress rehearsal and our show are held at Noble Academy: 3310 Horse Pen Creek Rd, Greensboro, NC 27410.
Presale tickets are NOT available. All tickets are sold on-site the day of the show for $5 for every person sitting in a seat. Cash only for ticket sales. Lap children are free! One ticket is included with your child's recital registration. Only one adult may escort their dancer to the waiting area. No additional adults are allowed backstage. This ticket will be given to you at the rehearsal in the form of a wristband. Dads participating in the Daddy Daughter Dance also receive a ticket to the show with their registration. These will also be distributed at the rehearsal for the Daddy Daughter Dance.
Professional photos of students in their costumes will be taken at Dress Rehearsal. The photos will be of the dancers while they are on stage. Digital photos are included in your recital registration. The Dress Rehearsal is the ONLY time photos will be taken by Happy Labs Photography. Photos will be delivered digitally via email within ONE WEEK of the show.
BOPPERS PARENT INFO
If your child is a Bopper in this show, this info is just for you :) The key differences for the Boppers are unlike the other age groups, you will stay with your dancer during their entire recital experience. You will start in the changing area just like all of the other dancers, but you will also accompany them backstage just as you will at the rehearsal. After their time on stage, you are welcome to take them back into the audience to watch the rest of the show! At the rehearsal, we will give you a "seat saver" so that your family can reserve your spot without being hassled!
HAIR & MAKEUP
We want the recital to be a stress free day and we know how much stress hair and makeup can often add to this! Please do not feel that you have to apply heavy makeup to your dancer - it should be natural and maintain their natural beauty being a child. Watch the video below for some great tips and guidelines...
CARING FOR YOUR COSTUME
It is important to know how to care for your costume leading up to the show! Here are a few tips!
1. Do NOT take the tights out of the packaging until the weekend of the show! You don't want to wear them to class or risk tearing them before the recital.
2. If your costume has a tutu, fluff the tutu the week before the show! Pull apart layers of tulle or mesh for full fluffiness effect!
3. Tulle and mesh will likely be wrinkled from being in their storage bag. DO NOT IRON THEM AS THEY WILL MELT!!! Instead, hang it in the bathroom with the door closed while you shower and then smooth out the fabric by tugging on it slightly. You can also LIGHTLY steam if you wish!
4. Keep the costume in the garment bag provided to you as well as all needed hair accessories and tights so that nothing is lost when you need it!
Once checking your child in on the day of the recital, they'll experience a ton of fun activities backstage! We have activity stations in the cafeteria as well as on their path to the big stage! The entire time they'll be supervised by our event team who will work to ensure that dancers are both staying safe and having fun! Some of the stations they'll experience are: Bean bag toss game, simon says, coloring, story time, practicing their bows and much more!
CHECK IN & OUT SAFETY PROTOCOL
When every parent knows what the protocols are, it helps all of our dancers stay safe! With so many little ones under the age of 10, it's a big responsibility to keep track of everyone and ensure everyone is going home with the right party: it's one we take very seriously.
To check your child in please walk to the check-in table. When you check in to the recital, your dancer has a number. You will receive a wristband/ticket with a corresponding number at Dress Rehearsal. If at any point during the show we need you to come to your child, we will call this number out over the microphone in the theater and also say where we need you to go (outside, backstage, etc). After the show, please help us by asking all of your guests to exit through the main door of the auditorium ONLY. This is for the safety of our dancers as they travel back to the waiting area for pick up. Please come to the same station where you dropped your child off for check out. We will let parents with NUMBERED BRACELETS ONLY check out their children. We know it's exciting and everyone wants to see their dancer after the show, but it's important to have other parents and guests wait in the theater or outside to avoid more chaos than is necessary upon pickup.
Parents are always welcome to be backstage volunteers! They are an integral part of our show and we love having their warm, caring and responsible personalities to help us out! We will send an email a few weeks before the show asking for volunteers. It is important that volunteers know that:
- Once you submit to volunteer, you are responsible for finding a replacement should you no longer be able to participate.
- You will receive one additional ticket voucher at the rehearsal. If they are lost, there is no way of honoring them.
- You will be required to arrive at the event at 9:15a.m (Show A) or 10:45a.m. (Show B). You MUST be ON TIME!
- You will be sent information via e-mail prior with logistics for the recital and activities to do with your assigned class during the show.
- During your dancer's performance, you will have the option of watching them dance from backstage OR going to sit in the front row, and then return to their class to escort them back to the waiting area.
- YOU MUST STAY WITH YOUR CHILD'S CLASS FROM WHEN YOU ARRIVE AND THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRETY OF THE SHOW. THERE IS NO OPTION TO SWITCH OUT ANOTHER PARENT OR PERSON FOR YOUR STATION AT ANY POINT DURING THE RECITAL.